Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Different Between Perodua Viva 1.0 & Proton Saga1.3

Perodua Viva 1.0 & Proton Saga 1.3 Review

I've been wanting to go car test-driving for awhile now, and we finally did today. Nothing fancy, the aim was to find me an affordable automobile.

But being a new (and bloody reckless) driver, I decided to let mom drive instead. It's not very nice crashing a car that doesn't belong to you, you know. I was dying to check out a convertible Nissan 350Z (Fairlady) and I would've given nuts to test drive it but mom went, "Dowan lah...dowan lah....dowaaaaaan" and drove off T______T

So anyway, we tried the new Perodua Viva and Proton Saga today. Here's my take on both :

Perodua Viva 1.0 (AT) ---> According to mom, it feels hollow, probably because it's super light compared to the cars we have at home. I didn't like the Viva because it was too jerky and slightly unstable. It's also rather narrow, making the car even more unstable. I thought the passenger and driver's seats were too close to the handbreak and gearshift. The dashboard also came across as plastic-ish, and I didn't like the gearshift. I can only imagine how jerky the Viva would get on the road. On top of that, I wouldn't even be able to fit my guitar case in the boot.
Pros : Super low fuel consumption, light and easy to handle, compact(easier to park, suitable for certain women drivers)
Cons : Limited boot space, very cheap-material feel, slightly narrow cabin, unstable


Proton Saga 1.3 (AT) ---> The Saga was more stable compared to the Viva, though I have to admit the Saga's body is also narrow. However, compared to the Viva, the Saga is underpowered and the pick-up sucks. Took quite awhile to automatically switch gears and the car was dragging quite a lot. I was rather disappointed with that, if I didn't need to drive up and down to KL daily through the Klang bridge jam, KL city jam and Setapak jam, I'd get a manual Saga. The Saga's interior is also better than the Viva's. The car boot is bleeding spacious as it stretches well in depth.
Pros : Spacious boot, stable though slightly narrow, affordable and more worth the money than the Viva, reasonable interior
Cons : Might feel slightly heavy, poor pick-up, slightly narrow

However, the car that really got me going today was the Proton Satria Neo 1.6 Campro (AT). I wouldn't harp about the exterior but the interior is gorgeous! Black and red leather seats, matching dashboard and leather steering. Phew! But for RM60k, the car's not worth it. Plus, listen to mom's quotes of the day :
- (About the Saga) : It's okay lah as long as you're driving at constant speed on the highway, but you go no power to overtake people, which is good for you.
- (About the Saga) : This car is good for you because it's underpowered so you cannot drive fast since you like to drive so fast.
- (About the Neo) : This car is not for people like you who cannot drive properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment